The Sport Central Coast Awards are held to acknowledge and reward, athletes, volunteers and administrators for excellence in sport conduct and performance. The awards celebrate outstanding achievements both on and off the field from across the Central Coast and are proudly supported by local business sponsors and media partners.
Award Nominations open from 1st October, close 31st October.
Award Categories - The award categories for 2017 include:
Awards for Excellence in Sport Provision
- Coach of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Recognition of Service to Sport 15yrs+
- Club/Association of the Year
- Recognition of Young Coach (21yrs and under)
- Recognition of Young Official (21yrs and under)
Sportspeople of the Year
- Junior Sportsperson (Aged 18yrs or under)
- Sportsperson with a Disability
- Masters Sportsperson
- Indigenous Sportsperson
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Team of the Year
Criteria for Nomination
Eligibility - In order to be eligible to receive an award, nominees must currently reside, and have resided, within Central Coast's LGA for a minimum of 12 months.
Award Period - The awards period will include the full summer and winter season’s immediately preceding the award closing date. For example, nominations for this year include the summer season 2016/2017 and winter season 2016 (October 2016 - September 2017).
Information required for Nominations – please use the headings listed as below, so the selection process is streamlined and comparable across many different sports.
· Name of Nominee – please include DOB if Junior/Masters Category
· Category of Nomination
· Contact Information for Nominee (minimum requirements are phone and email address)
· Nominee Achievements in Nomination Period (October last year – September this year)
Coach or Volunteer including Young Coach
and Service to Sport
- Role of Person Nominated
- Achievements in Nominated Role
- Other Awards and Recognition
- Sporting Event and Club/Association
- Achievements Of Nominee
- Achievements at International Level
- Achievements at National Level
- Achievements at State Level
- Achievements at Local Level
- Other Awards and Recognition
- Nomination MUST address each of the criteria required for that category.
- Please keep nominations concise and clearly worded to give the nominee the highest chance for success.
- Accompanying the nomination document MUST be a high quality image (or images) of the nominee – preferably in action
- Please send a word or pdf document to email@example.com by 31 October 2017. You will receive a confirmation email in reply that it has been received successfully (within 48 hours).
- Shortlisting of finalists will occur by Monday 7 November and finalists will be notified by email.
- We expect all finalists to attend the Awards Presentation.
- For queries or questions please call Mardi Love 4362 3184 or email the above address.
Selection - The Sport Central Coast Board will appoint a selection panel whose decision will be final. A maximum of five (5) finalists in each category will receive a complimentary invitation for themselves (or a representative in the Team or Club of the Year categories) to attend the awards function.
Announcement of Awards - Announcement of awards will be made at the annual Awards function, to be held on Thursday 23 November 2017 at Gosford RSL Club. All finalists will be expected to attend the awards function.
Ticketing information will be available from October 1 at www.sportcentralcoast.com.au and www.facebook.com/sportcentralcoast/
Download our nomination template below and once completed, email with 2x high quality images of the nominee – 1 x portrait and 1 x action to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions or concerns in completing the application form, please email email@example.com